So I made a cake today (surprise surprise!). Rum and fruit cake. I did not follow the recipe completely. I did not have cream or golden raisons. I used mixed fruit mixture, honey rum, spelt flour and soft dark brown sugar.
I was quite happy with the result!
- 2 cups golden raisins, chopped
- 1⁄4cup light rum
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4cups butter, softened
- 2 3⁄4cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cream
- Combine raisins and rum; cover and stand until rum is absorbed.
- Stir together: flour, baking powder, salt. Blend butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl on low speed.
- Beat on high speed for 5 minutes, scraping down sides often.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternatly with cream.
- Stir in raisins and turn into baking pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake: 12 cup bundt pan – 70 to 80 minutes; or 2-6 cup bundt pan – 40 to 45 minutes.
- This cake gets very brown on top. Cool 10 minutes, then remove from pans.