A multitude of leftover vegetables and fruit that needed using up. Apples, celery and potatoes waiting to move on. Seems however I made more of a puree than a soup! Could have done with at least 500ml more liquid…
3 medium onions
3 garlic cloves
5 celery stalk
5 medium potatoes (weight 320g)
3 medium apples
1000 mls chicken stock
salt and pepper
1. Fry onions and garlic in butter until soft.
2. Chop the celery stalks finely and peel and chop potatoes and apples.
3. Add celery, potatoes and apples to onions season generously with salt and pepper and fry gently with the lid on for about 15 minutes or until ingredients are very nearly cooked.
4. Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and simmer covered for about 10-15 minutes more.
5. Liquidize. Add nutmeg and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Leave a Reply