Back for a second round.
These went down a treat!
I shared them at work and with my husbands friends.
Somebody even messaged me to tell me how much they liked them.
This made me feel – very nice and appreciated.
500g (1 lb 2oz) ripe mashed bananas (about 4 large bananas)
125ml (4fl oz) sunflower oil
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
125g (4 1/2 oz) crunchy peanut butter
1 egg beaten
350g (12oz) plain flour
125g (4 1/2oz) soft light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
225g (8oz) chopped dates or figs
3 tablespoons mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC/gas 4. Line a muffin tin with 12 tulip muffin cases.
2. Mash the bananas in a large bowl with the sunflower oil, vanilla bean paste, peanut butter and beaten egg.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and raising agents. Add the chopped dates or figs and seeds and toss to coat.
4. Tip the flour into the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
5. Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cases and sprinkle with seeds. Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Reference: Have Your Cake and Eat It – Mich Turner
Leave a Reply