There were some dried apricots languishing in the fridge and voila – 2 hours later an apricot and cinnamon cake was baked into existence.
- 8oz self raising flour
- 2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 4oz English butter
- 5oz soft brown sugar
- 4-6oz dried apricots, chopped
- 1tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Runny honey to glaze
- Pre-heat oven to 170c. Butter and base line a cake tin.
- Combine the flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and apricots. Mix the honey and milk together and add to the dry mixture with the eggs. Mix well with a metal or wooden spoon.
- Spoon into cake tin.
- Bake for 1hour 20min until firm to touch, turn onto wire rack, while warm glaze with honey then glaze again while cooling.
Leave a Reply