I have just come back from spending the day with my sister and her family. While driving back to London, I thought that I might try my hand at some peanut butter muffins. I went out yesterday evening with friends and we had that most delicious dessert of peanut butter brownie and this has triggered my craving for all things peanut butter.
I found a recipe online which is essentially a vegan recipe with no butter or eggs on the ingredient list. I was surprised to have created a very liquid muffin mixture and was fearful of how it would turn out.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons honey (agave nectar if vegan)
- 3/4 cup milk (almond, soy, etc. if vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the peanut butter and oil and mix with a fork until crumbs form.
- Add the milk and honey and mix until just combined. Do not beat.
- Pour into muffin tins (about 3/4 full) and bake for 10-12 minutes, until tops are golden brown and spring back when you touch them.
Actually they turned out pretty nice. They are indeed, fluffy and nutty at the same time. I made 7 in total so one for everyday of the week. They are in fact so easy to make, I might consider baking more later this week.
Reference: peanut butter and honey muffins