another salad from this wonderful recipe book
Serves 3-4 as a starter
- 1 round lettuce (the soft-leaved one), broken into leaves and washed
- 3 flat white peaches (such as doughnut or Saturn peach), each cut into 8 segments
- 4 oz/120g soft rindless goats’ cheese
- 1/3 cup/50g roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 4-5 sprigs of cilantro, picked
- a touch of sea salt
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp orange blossom water
- 1/2 tsp Demerara sugar
- a pinch of salt
Arrange the soft lettuce leaves as a base on a serving plate, then top with the peaches, goats’ cheese, almonds, and cilantro leaves. Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt and grind a little black pepper over the top.
Shake the dressing ingredients around in a small jar or airtight container, then spoon over the entire salad.
We ate this as a whole meal polished off between the two of us. Delicious – sweet and creamy.
Leave a Reply