It’s been a while since I have blogged and baked. I’ve been busy moving house. It’s nice to be finally settled and I am very much enjoying my new kitchen.
This almond cherry cake was the first baked offering for ourselves and our first guests to our new home.
It really is quite nice and I feel like it might be another ‘go to’ cake. Just need to by myself a cherry pitter!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounces cherries (about 2 cups), pitted, rinsed, & dried
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9- or 10-inch springform pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the almond extract.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and gradually add flour mixture. Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the batter to prepared pan. Scatter the cherries and almonds over the top of the batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.