It’s the beginning of week three of my annual leave. It was an early start today, I had to take the car to the garage for brake replacement. Expensive trip.
The rest of the day was a bit of a pleasant blur. A snooze. A tidy-up. Cooked dinner and made some brownies.
Oh, and of course Chris Rock, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith. Hmm 🤨
And we still have to eat, even in the chaos and madness. So I resumed my baking and abracadabra we have more brownies.
Yes, I went back to my favourite brownie recipe, chocolate and ginger. Really quite tasty, went down well, fresh out of the oven, with a cup of tea, while we continued binge watching the Ozarks.
1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
3 oz (75g) dark chocolate, broken into squares
1 cup (200g) caster sugar
2/3 cup (95 g) plain flour
1/4 cup (30g) cocoa
1 tsp fresh root ginger, grated
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170°C and grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a medium sized saucepan over a low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. Add all the other ingredients and stir until smooth.
4. Pour the batter into the lined pan and bake until set ( about 30 minutes).
5. Cool in the pan, and then cut into squares.
Leave a Reply