I speak to my friend on Tuesday evening and she mentions she is making macaroni cheese for her children that evening.
On Wednesday evening while popping into Tesco for salad ingredients I find myself taking a bag of macaroni off the pasta shelf.
On Thursday lunchtime scrolling through my Twitter feed I find myself looking at a recipe for ausage, macaroni and cheese
By Thursday evening – mu macaroni, chorizo, peas and green pepper dish is born
- 1/3 chorizo ring sliced and diced
- 1 small green pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 4 handfuls of macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 small bowl of grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add the diced chorizo, green pepper, peas and onion . Cover and place on low heat stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or so until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Crumble the vegetable stock cubes into the mixture and stir until mixed.
- Add the dry macaroni and then cover with water.
- Cook for a long as stated for that macaroni (I cooked for 12 minutes) .
- Drain the water from the mixture
- Mix in the grated cheese
- Serve warm
Leave a Reply