I’d bought the latest version of Mary Berry’s Baking Bible a few months ago. These coburg buns caught my eye, they looked so cute and easy to make. I didn’t have brioche tins so I ordered some version of them from Amazon and last Saturday evening I created my own version of Coburg buns.
- 55g (2oz) flaked almonds
- 150g (5oz) self raising flour (I used a mixture of spelt and buckwheat flower)
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 level teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 1/2 level teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 level teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 55g (2oz) butter, softened
- 55g (2oz) caster sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 4 tablespoon milk
- Lightly grease 12 mini brioche tins
- Place a few almond flakes in the base of each tin.
- Beat all the ingredients mix for 2 minutes until the mixture is blended and smooth
- Add to the tins and bake for 15 minutes
- Leave to cool, turn out so the almond flakes on top and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Reference: Mary Berry’s Baking Bible. Page 345.
Leave a Reply