So the dates and the pineapples are no more!
Another really simple recipe and an excuse to make some cute little loaves.
I did not add sugar and dates and pineapple are sweet enough.
- 440 gram can pineapple chunks
- 2 cup pitted dates
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 125 gram butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease an 8-hole mini loaf pan.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving the syrup. Add water to the syrup to make it up to 1 cup of liquid.
- Place the pineapple, dates, syrup and water mixture, sugar and butter into a pan. Bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs into the pineapple mixture then mix in the flour. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake the loaves in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.