The prunes are all used up now!
I found this nice simple recipe, Prune and raisin loaf cake. This time I used mixed fruit instead of just plain raisins. I soaked the fruits and prunes in orange juice and I did not add sugar to the recipe. I also used ordinary plain flour instead of rice or gluten free flour.
What you need
- 150g mixed fruit
- 150g soft pitted prunes
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 150ml orange juice
- Oil spray
- 1 egg – free range
- 100g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp mixed sweet spices
What you do
- Soak the fruit in the juice for a couple of hours, stir in the sugar until dissolved in a large baking bowl. I leave it covered with a tea towel in the kitchen
- Oil spray and base line a 2lb loaf tin
- Pare heat the oven to 170c
- Sieve the flour, almonds, baking powder and spices on to a plate ready for adding to the bowl
- Add the sieved flour and egg to the bowl containing the soaked fruits, mix thoroughly and then turn into the prepared loaf tin
- Bake for 50 to 55 mins until golden and well risen
- Cool initially in the tin and then cool fully on a wire rack
- Stores well in an airtight tin.
This is the second time I have made this. I cooked for 50 minutes the second time round.
Leave a Reply