So life ratttles on in the most unsatisfactory way.
I felt that baking a cake might help – and it did.
This version of the ‘Do Nothing Cake‘ is delicious. It is so tasty and made me feel very good. It’s win-win.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple with juice (do not drain)
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped nuts pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla extract and pineapple. Stir with a spoon to combine all ingredients. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray and add batter. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 -35 minutes until the center tests done. Make frosting below and poke holes in hot cake with a wooden spoon.
- Bring butter, sugar and milk to a boil in a pan on top of the stove. Cook and stir about 3 minutes. Remove from stove and stir in nuts and coconut. Pour over hot cake.